National Health Finance
NHF provides exceptional growth potential, with strong risk adjusted returns.
LawFinance actively diversifies into offshore jurisdictions that directly align with the its funding mechanisms and return profile. Its specialist financial services offering has extended to the United States via the acquisition of leading personal injury medical lien funder, National Health Finance (NHF).
NHF is one of the top five largest providers of financing solutions for personal injury victims throughout the United States, with a significant referral network of medical practitioners and legal firms.
NHF acquires a medical lien over the treatment invoices associated with personal injury cases (largely resulting from motor vehicle accidents) from medical providers and hospitals, and realises a return on these invoices upon case settlement.
The company provides access to medical treatment for the injured party, liquidity to medical providers and a reduced administrative burden to the case lawyers. As such, NHF addresses a substantial unmet need that is beneficial to each entity that is party to the claim, and plays a crucial role in the healthcare system by which injured parties can obtain the treatment they need and deserve.
NHF boasts established financial returns and a large receivables facility to support growth. It is currently active in 22 states, with scope for material market expansion through further penetration of existing states and expansion into new regions domestically.
NHF’s business model is beneficial to each entity:
- Allows the physician to focus on patient’s care
- Ensures timely payment to medical providers
- A physician’s testimony during legal examination can be called into question if payment for services is directly linked to case outcome
- Assists attorneys to obtain medical care for clients
- Removes ‘gap in care’ from delayed treatment, which can be used to minimise payout of the victim’s claim. Accordingly, the model assists with maximising the value of the victim’s claim.
- Strong referral network with medical providers
- Provides the victim with a level of medical care that they would likely not otherwise receive
- Avoids delays in obtaining medical care
- Provides the victim with the opportunity to achieve improved compensation under their claim
- NHF enables the patient to access premium care without the need for personal insurance coverage